just some things.

July 17, 2018


Hullo! July, half over now. Officially in the latter part of 2018. I hope your fourth was all kinds of relaxing and magical, and you felt at least a smidge of pride to call the good ol' U S of A home. Mine involved the standard grilled fare, a bounty of explosives gazed at over the sticky humid, suburban sky and a homemade slip + slide that left me more than a little sore the next morning. In a word? It was perfect.

Here's a little of what life and the internet have brought me lately:
  • Bird flocked to Nashville, and almost just as quickly, flew the coop (PUNS). The city is working on amendments to get it stationed here for good, and the whole concept just fascinates me to no end. Do you have Bird in your neck of the woods?
  • Millennial wingdings. LOL.
  • More than a little jealous of this kid.
  • The Royal Wedding has come and gone, but one of my favorite little print shops churned out this gorgeous snippet of Bishop Michael Curry's lovely vows... which now lives tucked among the dog photo shrine above our cozy, sectional.
  • Who's idea was it to revamp all of Elton John's best? I'd personally love to embrace you.
  • I've needed a bit of a social media break, so I have stepped away from Facebook for now. This week, I downloaded the Moment app for my phone, and it's been pretty alarming--the app monitors your phone usage, and can even send you notifications when you've overstepped goals you've set for yourself. I highly recommend it--it's already breaking habits I have... oddly enough, I'm not using my phone a ton, but I'm a compulsive picker-upper! #PUTITDOWN
  • All my best girlfriends and I are kicking off a cookbook club this month--first stop, Chrissy Teigen's Cravings... I'm doing sides! I'll bring you a full report later.
  • You can take the girl outta Texas, but you can't take the Texas politics outta the girl: somehow I managed to get myself recruited to be a volunteer for Beto's campaign. I wish like hell I could vote for him in November, but since I can't, I'll do my best to get you Texans to.


Until next time, y'all...



Post a Comment

leave me some feedback. be honest! and play nice.

Latest Instagrams

© M is for MOXIE.. Design by FCD.