June 10, 2015


http://www.thesundaytimes.co.uk/sto/culture/books/non_fiction/article1266053.ece


I've always been obsessed with the Space Age--not the intricacies of intergalactic goings-on, per se--but the history surrounding the Space Race... the decades of exploration and excitement. And yes, like every other kid growing up in early '90s America, I begged my parents to send me to Space Camp (you can guess how that went), Apollo 13 is one of my favorite movies, and I wrote many a riveting elementary school report on Sally Ride. So, clearly I am chomping at the bit for the upcoming mini-series "The Astronaut Wives' Club." I just started reading the book and am completely entranced... being in a relationship is tough enough, but these women raised families and portrayed the quintessential Americana vibe, donning their warmest housewife smiles, all while supporting the insane antics their husbands wholeheartedly dove into--always with unknown outcomes. And they forged incredible bonds while doing so.

Here's a really cool interview from last summer with several of them--disappointingly, several of the marriages collapsed, but yet the friendships forged on.



(...and here's the trailer for the show if you haven't seen it yet. I can't wait!)

Will you be watching next week??

Post a Comment

leave me some feedback. be honest! and play nice.

Latest Instagrams

© M is for MOXIE.. Design by FCD.