just some things.

July 29, 2016




Happy weekend!! Another summertime weekend looming ahead, praise Jesus. We're solidifying Labor Day plans and looking to fall already, and it's a little jarring, isn't it? Here's a little of what's been going on with me:

I've really tried to up my correspondence game. The thoughtfulness of a handwritten note is unrivaled by much--anyone can spend 30 seconds on an email, right? But to carefully select a card with someone specific in mind, pick out a stamp, take the time to scrawl in your handwriting, drop at the post office... it means the world to me. I've had pen pals since I was about 7, and really try to send notes a few times a month (outside of birthday and anniversary cards). To up my game, I snagged a couple sets of awesome cards... and I think these are adorable. And come on, who could resist these?

Finally caved and invested in a couple of these tops too. Super lightweight, but wick away sweat and incredibly comfortable. I've become skeptical of Lulu's quality as it's definitely slid back in recent years, but I am loving these--great for running or to throw on after Barry's, or yep, even lounging.

My Spotify obsession is no secret. Somehow I stumbled across Megan Davies and her mashups and fell head over heels. Bonus: she'll be in Nashville in a few weeks and you can bet your boots I'll be there playing fangirl.

My office is pretty laidback, wardrobe-wise, but in the aftermath of a recent back injury, I was in desperate need for a non-stiletto situation. I found these wedges and literally get a compliment nearly every time I wear them. Really versatile, inexpensive and comfortable for all day wear. Getcha some. (...also--best summertime top ever. Ditto to the compliments.)

Move over top knots. I've been rocking a messy braid updo and I can't get enough. So painfully easy, works with any outfit and a welcome variation from my former go-to. Be ready with your dry shampoo and bobby pins.

I try to down my body weight in water everyday... This app is so badass, and will send you reminders to get your sip on when you're say--lost in spreadsheet hell. It makes it a lot easier to keep track (as does lugging a camelbak everywhere).

Earlier today, I finished Mary Louise Parker's book, Dear Mr. You. Wow. I breezed through the series of short stories in just a few days--she scrawls to all sorts of men in her life... romantic interests, family members, near-strangers. It is so ridiculously well-written, I can't recommend it enough.

Speaking of books, have you seen the trailer for Girl on the Train? I wasn't crazy about the book but the movie looks like it's going to be awesome. And who doesn't love Emily Blunt?

Are we having fun yet with this political season? Sweet Lord, I'm just ready for November to be here... take a break from reading everyone's rants on facebook, and go take this quiz to see if your favorite foods reflect your political ways.

Welcome to my new favorite food blog. Fantastic recipes, ridiculous photography, funny banter.


Enjoy your weekend, y'all! Monday brings us into August!

Post a Comment

leave me some feedback. be honest! and play nice.

Latest Instagrams

© M is for MOXIE.. Design by FCD.